Here at ServiceCity Electric, you and your family’s safety is our #1 concern. We highly recommend that you always hire a licensed and experienced electrician for ALL of your electrical needs.
Here are some Safety Tips from the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association)
(1) Have ALL electrical work done by a qualified electrician.
(2) Replace or repair damaged or loose electrical cords.
(3) Only plug one heat-producing appliance (such as a coffee maker, toaster, space heater, etc.) into a receptacle outlet at a time.
(4) Use light bulbs that match the recommended wattage on the lamp or fixture. There should be a sticker that indicates the maximum wattage light bulb to use.
(5) Avoid running extension cords across doorways or under carpets.
(6) Major Appliances (refrigerators, dryers, washers, stoves, air conditioners, etc.) should be plugged directly into a wall receptacle outlet. Extension cords and plug strips should not be used.
(7) In homes with small children, make sure your home has tamper-resistant (TR) receptacles.
(8) Extension cords are meant for temporary use only. Consider having additional circuits or outlets added by a qualified electrician so you do not have to use extension cords.
(9) Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for plugging an appliance into a receptacle outlet.
(10) Avoid overloading outlets. Plug only one high-wattage appliance into each receptacle outlet at a time.
(11) If outlets or switches feel warm, frequent problems with blowing fuses or tripping circuits, or flickering or dimming lights, call a qualified electrician.
(12) Place lamps on level surfaces, away from things that can burn and use bulbs that match the lamp’s recommended wattage.
(13) Make sure your home has ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) in the kitchen bathroom(s), laundry, basement, and outdoor areas.
Call ServiceCity Electric at 972-362-6338 for more information!